Suggestion Ability to hide text in other fields besides Password

paul7
paul7
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
It would be nice to be able to hide other fields besides the Password field, for example, if you want to store your answer to the security question.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the suggestion! We'd like to do something like this but we would have to change the data storage to handle it properly in all our apps across all the platforms (Mac, Windows, iPhone/iOS). That's a bit complicated so we're waiting for some other work to be done that would require similar changes. I don't have a timeframe for any of this I'm afraid.
  • paul7
    paul7
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm not sure I completely understand. Right now you have the option of selecting any field to be the password field (with a checkmark), and it will hide the contents of that field. Can't you just have the option to essentially allow "multiple" password fields be checked at the same time? ie. have another checkbox column with the ability to checkmark for hidden.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    paul7 wrote:
    I'm not sure I completely understand. Right now you have the option of selecting any field to be the password field (with a checkmark), and it will hide the contents of that field. Can't you just have the option to essentially allow "multiple" password fields be checked at the same time? ie. have another checkbox column with the ability to checkmark for hidden.

The simplified answer is unfortunately, no. We'll be trying to handle this in a more "global" way when we allow template customizations.
This discussion has been closed.