Sync different vault with different watch

EVJ
EVJ
Community Member

We have an account with several vaults. I would like to sync my vault with my watch and my wife's vault with her watch. Currently when I press "add to apple watch", the login appears on both watches.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync different vault apple watch

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EVJ: It's literally never come up before, so it took me a minute to even think of what you meant. :lol: It's an interesting idea, but there is no "sync" involved with 1Password for Apple Watch: it simply displays any items in 1Password on your iPhone which have the "Apple Watch" tag applied to them (which the "Add to Apple Watch" button in an item's details will do). But, regarding your specific use case, it sounds like you and your wife just need to use your own separate Personal/Private vaults for the stuff you each want on your own watches, rather than putting those in a Shared vault which displays them on both. :)

• EVJ
    EVJ
    Community Member

Yes, sync was the wrong term. I have created separate vaults for both of us, however if I add the watch tag to one login in my vault it displays on both watches. There doesn’t seem to be a way to select which vault displays on the watch.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure I follow. Is your wife's watch paired with your phone? To be clear, as I mentioned above, any (supported) item that is tagged "Apple Watch" that exists in 1Password on the iPhone will be available on any Apple Watch paired with it.

• EVJ
    EVJ
    Community Member

No, her watch is paired with her phone, my watch is paired with my phone. When either of us tag an item, it shows up on both watches.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EVJ: Thanks for clarifying. So then it sounds you've each got your own data, which you really want to be separate, in the same vault on both devices. In that case, there isn't a way for 1Password to ignore data in that vault (and thus not show it on the iPhone or Watch). The only way to get the result you want is to store each of your own stuff in the Personal/Private vault which only you have access to (so she will have hers on her devices, and you will have yours on your devices), and then use the separate Shared vault for stuff you both need/want to have. Does that make sense?

• EVJ
    EVJ
    Community Member

I think I understand. However, I do not know how to login to a specific vault that I have created. I created a vault for me an I created a vault for my wife. I can put things in the vault, but how do I login to my specific vault? On my phone I still am logged in the shared vault. I don't see a place to set a user/password for a specific vault.

• EVJ
    EVJ
    Community Member

Ok, I got it now. Once my wife accepted the invite and I verified, then her vault was created. I had created a vault for her already, but that was not necessary since her private vault was created upon acceptance. The steps were a bit confusing for me. It would be nice if you could designate watches with an identifier so you could tag things for just a specific watch from the shared vault or if you are sharing a private vault. Thanks for your help, sorry I was so dense.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, we're here to help. Glad you were able to get it setup! It's a cool idea. I just haven't seen anyone else request support for different data on different watches. And since it would be pretty complex to even try to do that both for usability and technically, it's probably not something we could justify diverting development and testing resources to when there are a lot of other things that would help many more people. It's something we can keep in mind for the future though. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.