Identity Card: Filling

Options

https://www.redhat.com/en/events/webinar/castle-guided-tour-explaining-multilevel-container-security-technology-moat-throne-room

Any thoughts about how identity card can fille this in? I often have trouble here and usually with State (i have trouble with department and job role, but I get that... it is the state that seems like it should get it)... any way to add alternatives to it to accommodate different types of fields?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hello @AlwaysSortaCurious,

Can you let me know what version of 1Password you have please and what platform e.g. macOS or Windows. I am aware of bug we need to get fixed whereby it struggles with a select field for state and I just want to see if this is potentially what you're suffering from or if it may be something else.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#249

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    Options

Lates beta (the exact version, not near right now), Windows.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @AlwaysSortaCurious,

So despite the trouble I have on Mac I found 1Password for Windows can fill the state field. It doesn't on the first pass because 1Password doesn't react to the page changing as it fills, it first collects what it needs and fills based on the state of the page pre-filling. As the state field isn't in a ready state it ignores it. If I ask 1Password to fill a second time it set it to the correct state in my test Identity item. It isn't the case that this will explain every one you find as it is all specific to each page and how it was designed but at least for that page that's why it doesn't fill it on the first go. If you try filling twice do you find the state field correctly sets?

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member
    Options

Ty,,, thanks @littlebobbytables didn't occur to me to try twice! The double tap does in fact fill that field.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AlwaysSortaCurious,

It's one of those things where when you're used to all the weirdness from both pages and 1Password that you get a good feeling for what the cause is when something doesn't work. That does come from living and breathing 1Password though so I'm glad you asked. There are definitely times where I don't see how somebody could easily come to the right conclusion without having immersed themselves in the inner workings :smile:

This discussion has been closed.