1PW Mini, Firefox & Safari Extensions Running Slowly

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I’m using 1PW subscription on my Mac OSX 10.14.2. The 1PW desktop app works normally. 1PW Mini, Firefox & Safari Extensions Running Slowly, using latest browser versions.

This started in November 2018 and I was hopeful that the last update would fix the problem. It didn’t.

When I click the icon, in either the browser or menu line the 1PW window takes several seconds to appear and while I type my login the dots show up much slower than I type them, it acts like a keyboard time lag. Yet typing everywhere else is normal. After entering my 1PW password and hitting enter it can take between 6-17 seconds for the app to open.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lov2krz - hi there, and sorry for the trouble. What you're experiencing is not unique, unfortunately. Our developers are aware of it and working on a fix, but we're unsure when we might have something ready for you and the small handful of others who've been affected by this issue. In the meantime, would you mind telling me (if you're comfortable) how many total items you have in your 1Password database (all vaults, all items), and what kind of hardware your Mac is using (how old, number of cores, processor clock speed)?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I have 472 items between all my vaults, 2015 iMac quad core 3.3GHz, 24GB RAM.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lov2krz - thanks for the additional information. I don't have any news yet regarding a solution for this, but our developers are actively working on it. Keep an eye on updates and their release notes, and thanks for your patience in the meantime.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, one more thing, 1PW X works like its supposed to. No delay. The only odd thing is that it asks to save the login information even though 1PW X was the source for the login. It's done that since day one but since I was referring to it thought I'd mention it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lov2krz - I'm not sure what you mean; can you take a screenshot (or a short video) of what you see? If you're getting a prompt to save a new item, that sounds to me as if you may still have the standard (needs-desktop-application) extension installed as well? Can you check in Extensions and see how many/what version of 1Password extension(s) you have installed?

This discussion has been closed.