How do I add 1password 6 licence to my new Mac?

joee
joee
Community Member

Hi, I have recently purchased a new MacBook Air and have installed 1password6. It is asking me "trial expired, click here to buy". I understand that it doesn't realise that I already have a licence for this version. I then click on "how to add a licence" which is an option when I have the 1password program open and it takes me to a page that no longer exists. When I click "add licence", I cans see that it is looking for a file. Where do I get this file from? I purchased 1password many years ago. Thankyou

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:license

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @joee! I'm sorry for the confusion. 1Password 6 for Mac is a legacy version of 1Password. For the current version (1Password 7), we switched to using FastSpring for our license sales, and as such, legacy license files are no longer available for download from the old AgileBits location. However, there are a few different ways to get up and running with 1Password. To set up 1Password on a new computer, try finding your license:

• Check the Software Licenses category in 1Password.
    • If you have your license on another Mac, copy it to the new one: https://support.1password.com/cs/find-license/

Let me know how that works for you.

• joee
    joee
    Community Member

Hello Lars. Thank you for your help. I followed your suggestion but could find no file on the computer I originally put 1password on. How can I get my licence file if it is not on my computer? (NOTE: I called my sister who purchased the same type of 1Password at about the same time I did and got her to follow your instructions to see if she could find her 'licence file', but she could not find her's either!). I appreciate your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joee: Are you sure you purchased a license for 1Password 6 from our website? It may be best to shoot us an email at sales@1password.com so we can go into more specifics about your purchase without discussing private information here on a public forum.

• joee
    joee
    Community Member

Hello Lars. Thank you for your help. I followed your suggestion but could find no file on the computer I originally put 1password on. How can I get my licence file if it is not on my computer? (NOTE: I called my sister who purchased the same type of 1Password at about the same time I did and got her to follow your instructions to see if she could find her 'licence file', but she could not find her's either!). I appreciate your help.

• joee
    joee
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty, I will do that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. If you include your purchase details (you would have received an email receipt regardless of where you purchased) that will help us better help you. :)

This discussion has been closed.