1password4 to 1password7 for Windows

I currently have 1Password4 for Windows that I purchased, I am thinking of 1Password7 for Windows, but have several questions:

I have the software installed on each of my computers at home using Dropbox.

Now for the questions:

1 - With Version 7 for Windows Standalone, can I still install it on each of my computers as before?
2 - What is the price for the upgrade from 4 to 7? And what is the web page to pay for the new standalone version?
3 - I have not found all the differences between 4 & 7 anyplace, could you please give me more details on what the differences are?
4 - I am not sure I want another subscription based product, I am already doing that with Office, Adobe and others, that is why so far I may not want to go this route.
5 - I see another product (not yours) called LastPass, which there is a free version and everything is stored on the cloud, what would the the difference between 1Password and LastPass?

If there is anything else that I would need to know about, please let me know. I had sent support an email, but as of yet, I have not heard anything back.

Thank you,

Rob

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MeekMeek

Team Member

Hey Rob, I'd be happy to answer your questions!

1. Yes, if you purchase a standalone version of 1Password 7 for Windows, you can install it on all your Windows computers.
    2. A standalone license for 1Password 7 for Windows is normally $64.99, but it's currently still on it's launch special for $49.99.
    3. The best place to learn about the new features of 1Password 7 is on our blog post here: https://blog.1password.com/1password-7-for-windows-the-best-ever/
    4. We do recommend the subscription for 1Password, as it offers the best experience. You'll get all the apps on every platform - and all future versions of the apps, along with many additional features: https://support.1password.com/explore/membership/
    5. It is great that there are more and more password managers on the market these days, helping folks stay safe on line. While I can't go through every difference between 1Password and our competitors, of course we believe that 1Password is the best, and we hope you'll choose to stick with us. :)
This discussion has been closed.