To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost my master password, reset needed

Options
felipemorais_
felipemorais_
Community Member

I lost my master password and I tried every method at the support page to recover it but no luck,

I would like to request my account to be reset. I already sent 2 emails to the support but no answer so far.
These are the support IDs: [#WXN-92784-439] and [#QJK-99821-326]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @felipemorais_

I've responded to your first ticket. Please check your email. Hopefully we can get you back up and running soon!

• felipemorais_
    felipemorais_
    Community Member
    Options

Managed to reset my account, thank you so much @jin_dhaliwal

• Glad I could help! :chuffed: :+1:

• hellomarko
    hellomarko
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this same problem - I've submitted multiple requests on the site, but have gotten zero response. I have no way to get into my account and need a reset. Help!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hellomarko,

It appears my colleague Jacob has been in touch via email. Let's continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

• hellomarko
    hellomarko
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I don't have an email from anyone on your team.

• Ben
    Options

@hellomarko

I'll resend Jacob's email right now. Please make sure support@agilebits.com is in your contacts so our message doesn't end up caught in your spam filter. Please let me know ASAP if you still don't receive it.

Ben

• p2themac
    p2themac
    Community Member
    Options

I have a paid 1password7 membership, but my master password doesn't work. I have backed-up my password 7 data and believe that I am at the point that I need to delete and start over. Do I need to create an entirely new account and pay again? Please advise how to proceed. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @p2themac

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Master Password. You can find instructions on dealing with that situation here:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over — 1Password Forum

Our billing team will be able to assist in moving any remaining credit from the old account to the new once you've deleted the old and established the new: support+billing@1password.com
    For the future I'd highly recommend printing your Emergency Kit, writing your Master Password in, and storing it someplace safe:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Thanks!

Ben

• p2themac
    p2themac
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben, I have my master password, and it seems to have stopped working from a couple of years ago when I first set it up. I had a stand-alone version of the app at first, and used a simple code to unlock 1Password on various devices (iPhone & browser extensions), so hadn't had to use the master pass since then. I stored the master pass in 1Password, including my secret key. It used to work. It just seemed to stop. No idea why.

• Ben
    Options

@p2themac

The tips in the FAQ post I liked above may help. If they don't, instructions for deleting the account and starting fresh are also there.

Ben

• p2themac
    p2themac
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I followed the delete instructions. I was able to restore from my backups after re-creating my new account with the same name & password. Thanks for the help.

• happycustomer
    happycustomer
    Community Member
    Options

Can you please resend the link to delete my account so I can create a new vault using the same email? I just missed the 24hr window for the link activation (my fault) but interfacing with your team via email has been so spotty and I just need to get this done.

original ticket: [#MHX-53619-533]
    new ticket: [#REG-92275-184]

• Ben
    Options

@p2themac

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all worked out. :)

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@happycustomer

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble interfacing with our customer support team via email. You can actually have a deletion email sent without our interaction, using this link:

https://my.1password.com/support

Please let me know if that does not resolve the issue for you.

Ben

• shaikism
    shaikism
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot my master password ..How to reset it.Kindly help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shaikism! Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over — 1Password Forum.

• shaikism
    shaikism
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for response. No luck..Please delete my account..I will create a new one.

• shaikism
    shaikism
    Community Member
    Options

Hold on Please..Do not delete my account..I got my secret key..Checking if it could help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@shaikism, no worries. We can not delete your account from here. In order to do that, you would have to send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can avoid sharing your account information here.

However, I am really happy you were able to find your Secret Key! :)

Please let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.