"Fill" option on mouse hover disappears on non-selected entries

Options
henkisdabro
henkisdabro
Community Member

Hard to fully explain in text what happens, but when I am about to login to a site, the auto-matched entries in 1Password mini don't give me the option to hover with the mouse and on the right side select "Fill" or ">" to see more information about the entry. Unless I am selecting the row with the down arrow keys, all non-selected rows lose the hover feature. This happened before but also after a complete fresh re-install of Mojave and fresh install of 1Password.

See screen recording here showing the issue
http://drops.cremedigital.com/a67e88d61da9

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: dropbox and 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:hover

Comments

• Hi henkisdabro,

It looks like there is a problem with the mouse hover detection. If you resize the window does the problem go away?
    The selected row and the row under the mouse should both show the "Fill >" buttons.

We are working on some changes to this section of the app that will fix this problem.

• karlschwaier
    karlschwaier
    Community Member
    Options

This bug annoys me since a long time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Resizing the window seems to help.

I am looking forward to a fix.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @karlschwaier, and welcome to the forum!

I have passed your feedback to the developers, thank you for the report.

ref: apple-3309

• karlschwaier
    karlschwaier
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_ana!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@karlschwaier, you are very welcome! :)

Have a wonderful day!

• jyanek
    jyanek
    Community Member
    Options

+1. We just updated to 1Password 7 on the Mac, and my wife noticed the EXACT same issue. The screen recording is the same problem we are experiencing. We notice this in the Safari extension (v7.2.5)
    Versions:

• Mac OS 10.14.4
    • Safari version 12.1
    • Safari 1Password extension 7.2.5
    • 1Password version 7.2.5
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi folks,

We're currently working on a new design for 1Password mini. While at this moment the new beta exhibits the same issue that is where this will be fixed. If you'd like to try the beta to keep a closer eye on progress please check out this thread:

New 1Password mini Now in Beta! — 1Password Forum

If you'd prefer to wait for a stable release where this is fixed I totally understand that too. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.