Downgrade to 1P 6..

Options
Annamarie Pluhar
Annamarie Pluhar
Community Member

I need to help a client move from 1P7 to 1P6. She doesn't have all that many logins but still it would be nice to bring them in easily. Can I simply export all her logins and then import?

Reasons 1P7 is not good for her;
She isn't ready to move to Mojave - is afraid of a system upgrade
1P7 is way too confusing for her to manage. I fear she's going to give up on a password manager soon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 13
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning @Annamarie Pluhar. Thanks for getting in touch. If your client is using a 1Password.com account she can simply delete 1Password 7 and install 1Password 6 from https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4

If that's not the case and she is syncing her information via iCloud or Dropbox she can similarly delete 1Password 7 and install 1Password 6. In fact, if she isn't using a 1Password.com account I recommend enabling iCloud sync so there's an online backup of her information.

Speaking to your reasons she is downgrading:
    1. There is no need to upgrade to Mojave, 1Password 7 requires macOS Sierra (10.12) or later.
    2. I'd love to know more about what she found confusing so we can look at improving these areas of the app.

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

Okay thanks. Answers
    1) That may be true but the extension in Safari doesn't work. (I have this from your support people.) And I, not understanding what it was, installed Chrome X in Chrome. However she's barely computer literate - Safari is her go-to broswer. The mini doesn't seem to work right - i had that experience too on my MB Air when I upgraded to 7 but didn't have mojave running.
    2) I STRUGGLE with teaching my clients how to use 1P. Once a login is fully saved with username, pass and webpage then it works like a charm. BUT 1P doesn't always have all three elements. I can't tell why sometimes 1p will save a pass and sometimes it doesn't. There are other issues which right now I'm not remembering. I'm a good teacher but it's hard to find the pattern and easy on-ramp for teaching it. Every website manages passwords differently.

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

Will her logins migrate to 1P6 if she uses her 1password.com account?

• Thanks for that feedback, Annamarie. If she uses her 1Password.com account her logins will be there in 1Password 6.

This discussion has been closed.