I keep getting an error message when I use 1Password to log in to web accounts.

Options
mosesdavis
mosesdavis
Community Member

I keep getting the error message attached to this inquiry whenever I use 1Password to log in to an online account. I'm not sure how to fix it.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I keep getting an error message when I use 1Password to log in to web accounts.

Comments

• mosesdavis
    mosesdavis
    Community Member
    Options

I keep getting the above error message when I try to use 1password to sign in on the web.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mosesdavis - i'm sorry for the trouble. What you're seeing is a function of the fact that Apple has disabled autosubmit in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) (more specifically, in Safari 12, which ships with Mojave). Since you're still using 1Password 6 for Mac, which had the autosubmit function, it's causing a conflict which throws this error. Please go to Preferences > Browsers and UNcheck the box marked "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords," then restart your browser(s) and 1Password for Mac.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

And , after doing that, on almost all web sites, it's just a matter of pressing Return after filling in. Somewhat annoying, but only one extra keystroke.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• mosesdavis
    mosesdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Lars and @danco I appreciate it!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mosesdavis - you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.