1Password 6 compatible browser extensions no longer distributed?

Options
Sulka Haro
Sulka Haro
Community Member

So, is it that browser extensions that are compatible with 1Password 6 are no longer being distributed? Just installed a new computer and the browser extensions are just asking me to sign in to get the passwords from the 1Password cloud and don't seem to be able to connect to the local 1Password database. :(

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Sulka Haro
    Sulka Haro
    Community Member
    Options

Right ok - looks like what was going on is the download page is possibly not as clear as it could be regarding which version of the extension to load so I'd accidentally installed both versions of the extension. This seems to result in the 1PasswordX extension overriding the desktop compatible extension so I only saw the X extension button in the browser toolbar. Deleting the X extension from the browsers cleared the issue.

Maybe consider the following for your backlog? 1) Change the download page to be very explicit regarding which version to download (like, change the big black headlines to "1Password Desktop Version Extension" & "1Password X Cloud Extension" rather than using the slightly greyed out text to describe the extension versions, 2) Change the page shown by the extension upon install to mention the other extension type ("Not seeing what you expected? Maybe install this other extension instead") and 3) Implement something in the extensions that makes them notice if both are installed at the same time and remark on this to the user and/or make them play nice so there'd be two 1Password icons in the toolbar, one for each extension type.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sulka Haro - thanks for the suggestions and glad to hear you got the proper extension installed and working. :)

This discussion has been closed.