EFTPS site has stopped filling correctly

Options

The EFTPS site has stopped filling correctly and I'm unable to create a manual login for some reason (maybe I have just forgotten exactly how to do it).

Can you please advise why the EFTPS site has just stopped filling correctly and also how to create a new login that will work on that site?

Many thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:eftps

Comments

• floridabrits
    floridabrits
    Community Member
    Options

I found how to create a login manually (the gear cog has disappeared from the 1password plugin so that confused me) - after creating the manual login all is working fine again :-)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @floridabrits,

The new filling logic in 1Password 7.1 for Mac (7.2 for Windows) does mean that you can simply save a new Login item and it will work without all the pain the older filling logic had. I am quite happy things are working better there now.

• floridabrits
    floridabrits
    Community Member
    Options

No worries... thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, EFTPS fill is not working, again (and has not worked for several weeks). Saving a new login does not fill correctly. The login claims that it is targeting the EIN2 field, but instead it is filling SSN3.

• evanl
    evanl
    Community Member
    Options

EFTPS auto-fill is no longer working for me either. Should I try to create a new login?

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried:
    1) Modifying exiting login - fail
    2) Creating a new login - fail.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@huffalumpy & @evanl,

Before we can start any troubleshooting we're going to need details I'm afraid.

1. Is this macOS or Windows and what version?
    2. What version of 1Password do you have installed?
    3. What version of the extension do you have installed?
    4. What is your preferred browser?
  • huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

Of course.
    Mac 10.14.2
    1Password 7.2.5.beta 1
    FF 64.0.2
    1p Extension 4.7.3.90

• evanl
    evanl
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I’m using the 1PasswordX Chrome extension on Windows 7. I believe it updates automatically.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @huffalumpy & @evanl,

So is it the case for both of you that you're needing the EIN fields to fill and they aren't? I have been able to reproduce this bad behaviour and after a bit of cursing I've managed to get 1Password to behave a bit better although there is clearly an issue with the default behaviour.

@huffalumpy, the following should help. Can you save a new Login item using the steps detailed on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. Switch to 1Password and locate the new item. Edit it and click the View Saved Form Details button. You should find that against the larger portion of the EIN you will see a silhouette of a person. Click on it and it will display a very small menu. Select the blank option and save. The result is 1Password will no longer see there being a designated field as representing the username and when I did this I found I could get 1Password to fill both EIN fields correctly without it making a mess of things.

@evanl, do you use 1Password 7 for Windows or 1Password for Mac elsewhere? If you use 1Password for Mac the steps I suggested above can work for you as well. If you have 1Password 7 for Windows set up it's a bit different and I can help there. Unfortunately there isn't a way to work this when only using 1Password X or the web interface, not yet anyway.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    Options

confirmed. thank you.

• evanl
    evanl
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables I also have 1Password 7 for Windows and have saved the new login. Can you post the corresponding instructions for 1Password for Windows? I have version 7.3.657. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @evanl,

I apologise, if I'd been a bit clearer I could have saved you those pre-steps you performed as the item you've created won't help you I'm afraid. The reason things are a bit different on Windows is currently the application doesn't allow you to alter the field designation. The steps below will allow you to import a modified item with the correct designations and from there you can edit the field values to correctly match your real details.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. In 1Password select the menu option 1Password > Import and then select the 1Password Interchange Format (1PIF) option and follow the prompts.
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the Web form details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

That should result in a working item, please do let me know if you find that doesn't work for you.

• evanl
    evanl
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @littlebobbytables, this appears to have worked. However, can you quickly resolve a concern I have? I noticed that the login entry wasn't being associated for some reason with eftps.gov when I went to the site, but then when I clicked "Go" it took me to eftps.com and logged me in, which kind of freaked me out. Do you know for sure that eftps.com is a legitimate alternative domain to eftps.gov? Thanks.

• evanl
    evanl
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables, I called EFTPS and the voice menu assuaged my concerns. "If you are having trouble accessing the eftps.gov or eftps.com website..." Phew.

Even so, I modified the .1pif file to point to eftps.gov and successfully created my logins. Thanks so much for your help! I think it's safe to say I couldn't have done it without you. :-)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @evanl,

Sorry for the scare, I didn't realise they used two different domains. Definitely worth knowing so thank you. Not being based in the US I often have to work on what I'm told and I had test items for eftps.com which is how I came to load that page. Pointing to eftps.gov seems a better idea though so I shall have to update the item.

This discussion has been closed.