I have a family membership but my wife cant open the 1password app on her Macair.

Options
Matthaios
Matthaios
Community Member

Once she downloads the application on her mac , the app opens and requires the master password. She has acces to the online account though her master password , but the app doesnt accept this one. I think we have already downloaded this one more time in the past but didnt complete the process that time, so maybe thats the problem. How can she opens the application on her Macair?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Matthaios

If your wife cannot unlock 1Password on the Macbook Air she can erase all 1Password data from it and start clean by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data from the 1Password lock screen. Then she'll be able to sign in to her membership account.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Matthaios
    Matthaios
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but that doesnt work.

We reset 1Password and then that app starts by itself and a window opens where it is written

" we found 1 account on your Mac"
    That is my account. Then if we choose "Add" it asks for the Master Password , but it doesnt accept it. Thats the same Master password , that works on the iphone and on my online account.

• Ben
    Options

@Matthaios

Don't pick your account. Select the option to add a different account, and add her's using her Secret Key and Master Password (the same as she would do logging into her account through the web interface). :+1:

Ben

• Matthaios
    Matthaios
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that worked.
    Now the next issues.

1) The "open and fill" option doesnt work

2) the option "detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them " in preferences> browsers doesnt work

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1) The "open and fill" option doesnt work

@Matthaios: Can you give me an example? What steps are you taking, and what happens exactly?

2) the option "detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them " in preferences> browsers doesnt work

What's the URL where 1Password isn't offering to save a login for you? And are you clicking with the mouse to submit the login form, or pressing Return on the keyboard? I'll be happy to test it.

This discussion has been closed.