What happened to 1Password mini popup in Safari?

After a long break I started working on my desktop instead of my laptop. And the Safari extension behaves differently - I am missing the small popup when I click on the 1Password icon in the toolbar. Instead of the handy popup a separate window opens that I don't find handy at all. How can I get the popup back?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What happened to 1Password mini popup in Safari?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bluejay: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Some things have changed in Safari, and you'll need to make sure that both it and 1Password are fully up to date. Remove the old extension you have there, install the latest 1Password release:

https://1password.com/downloads/

And then update Safari through the App Store and restart your Mac. That should do it. Let me know how it goes. :)

• Bluejay
    Bluejay
    Community Member

@brenty - all my apps are up-to-date. But I just found out that my iMac (mid-2010) is not compatible with Mojave. :-(
    Could this be causing the problem?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Bluejay,

I apologise for any confusion. Based on your first post I think you're referring to the large changes that went on between 1Password 6 and 1Password 6 in terms of 1Password mini. 1Password 6 had a small menu that looked an awful lot like a contextual menu. 1Password 7 though, its look is inspired by Spotlight. There is no way to revert to the old style menu I'm afraid, not without returning to 1Password 6 and that isn't something we can recommend. Hopefully after a period of acclimatisation you will find you like the new interface.

The easiest way to know if this is the case is, does the separate window that you currently see have a section titled Suggested Items that lists matching Login items and then Identity and Credit Card items below. If you do that is a working 1Password mini based on the new Spotlight-esque look and feel.

If that isn't what you're seeing we may need to do some troubleshooting with you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bluejay: Sorry. I think lil bobby may be right, and misunderstood. I did want to clarify though that Safari 12 and 1Password 7 do not require Mojave; they'll work on High Sierra just fine.

• Bluejay
    Bluejay
    Community Member

thank you both - yes it looks like I still have 1Password 6 on my laptop but 1Password 7 on my desktop. Too bad, that the context menu is no longer an option.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Bluejay,

Give it a chance, you could very well find it grows on you :smile: I'm quite used to the new style now and I find it a bit jarring when I need to revert for troubleshooting, it feels dated in comparison. It is certainly a preference thing and I'm sure the new design just doesn't sit well for some but see what you think after a while of using it.

This discussion has been closed.