1Password does not show the item I select

Options
richardevs
richardevs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Got a bug when clicking on 'View in 1Password' or 'Edit in 1Password' in the newest 1Password Beta, it did prompted 1Password but it will not show the related item, until u click on anywhere on the UI, it will go to the selected item in like 1 second later.

1Password Version: 6.8.BETA-473
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017
    Options

@richardevs: It looks like this is a known issue and, indeed, I see the same thing myself. If you keep the main app opened in the background instead of minimized to tray, it will still display properly, but I know that defeats the purpose a wee bit. We're already looking into it and we'll make sure we get it sorted out. Thanks for letting us know! :chuffed:

ref: OPW6-1568

• rrrobot
    rrrobot
    Community Member
    Options

Do we have any updates on this issue? I'm getting this as well and it's extremely inconvenient to have to use "edit" every time you want to see a username or password.

• Hi @rrobot,

We fixed that a very long time ago (thread is in 2017) and I just tested this with 1Password 7.3.657, no problems.

What is the issue you're seeing?

• rrrobot
    rrrobot
    Community Member
    Options

I was having the same issue richardevs mentioned above. When selecting a login in the program it would not show the information for said login in the right window. Instead that screen seemed frozen on some random login (probably the one I had viewed last before the error occurred), and the only way I could see any other login information was to "edit" the entry. Then the window would finally update to the login I had selected and I could see the details.

But strangely enough, although I was having this issue yesterday (and have had it for several weeks) it is mysteriously absent today and the program is functioning as intended. I'm not sure if there have been any updates in that time, but the current version I'm using is Windows 7.3.657

• Hi @rrrobot,

1Password 7.3 has a major design change for both the item viewer and editor, does it look the same as yesterday when you had that issue? That'd be a sure sign if you were using an older version yesterday.

The one time where 1Password will not show you the selected item is when you're editing something else in 1Password. It'll ignore it but you're saying you have to click edit before it change to the selected item? That doesn't sound right.

If you see it again, please let us know and we'll take another look again.

• rrrobot
    rrrobot
    Community Member
    Options

The program looks the same to me when I had the error vs today when I don't. I'm not sure if there's anything in particular that triggers this issue but if I run into it again I'll let you know.

And to clarify, the right screen seemed to be frozen entirely (selecting any number of other logins wouldn't update it) so I would force it to update by right-clicking the selected login and selecting edit from the dropdown menu there.

• Hmm, that's a different issue, that sounds like a threading issue where it is stuck and cannot respond at all. If you see it again, try to recall every steps you were taking in 1Password, so we can try to reproduce it.

This discussion has been closed.