1password just stopped populating my Bank of America password

Eze
Eze
Community Member

Upon using 1password to launch my BOA account it no longer populates my password. It won't populate it when I press fill once I am there. It will only let me populate it by manually copying and pasting it. This just started happening.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Eze - I'm sorry for the trouble. It's not a super-common thing, but sites do occasionally change the code/function/layout of their login pages, and that can break the "recipe" that 1Password has saved from whenever you saved your Login item originally. The best thing to do in such a case is to re-save the login manually. See if that helps; rewriting that "recipe" to match whatever changes have been made often does help. Let us know how that works for you! :)

• Eze
    Eze
    Community Member

Thanks for your help Lars 😀. I am working with 1password help via email. I did try what you recommended and it didn't work for me. I have sent a diagnostic report to 1P and am awaiting a reply.
    Best, Eric

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Eze - that's definitely the best way to do this; let's keep the conversation going via email. Thanks! :)

• dhanzelka
    dhanzelka
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. I've deleted my BofA login from 1Password. When I got to the BofA site, enter my login information and was not prompted to save a new login. I manually created a new login within 1password, went back to the BofA site and it still would not fill in the login information. 1Password v7.2.4, Chrome 71.0.3578.98, Mac OS 10.14.2

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dhanzelka! I'm sorry for the trouble. When you say "I manually created a new login," did you use this recommended method? Or did you do it some other way? If you didn't use the recommended method, give that a try and let us know how it works for you. We've been unable to duplicate this issue here; I'm able to save a manual login using the above method and "dummy" data, and 1Password successfully fills it.

• dhanzelka
    dhanzelka
    Community Member

I used the method in your link above.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dhanzelka - what URL are you using to sign in at Bank of America, specifically?

• dhanzelka
    dhanzelka
    Community Member

@Lars - I am using this URL: https://www.bankofamerica.com/
    The login is on the left side of the page. This is the only site I have this issue with.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dhanzelka - Hmmm, OK. I'd like you to try this, please: download this file, which is a zipped copy of the Login item I created for BofA, that's working just fine on my setup. You'll need to unzip the file if it doesn't unzip for you automatically, and then you'll need to import the resulting .1pif folder using the File > Import feature in 1Password 7 for Mac. Import it into whatever vault you prefer. The data is fake, but the item works at least to fill the data. I'd like to see if it does for you as well. Restart your browser after you import this item, then visit the main BofA URL manually by typing, and at the front page, use whatever method you normally use to call the 1Password extension. Choose this item instead of your real one, and see if it fills. Let me know what you discover.

• dhanzelka
    dhanzelka
    Community Member

@Lars - Wow, it worked! What did you do to create the login? Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dhanzelka - I used the procedure outline in the link in my earlier reply for manually creating a login. Glad I was able to assist. :)

• hydrophish
    hydrophish
    Community Member

Hello I'm having the same issue with BoA as the users have reported in this thread. Have tried deleting and recreating multiple times and still does not populate the BoA site with my password. This is the only site where I have this problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hydrophish - have you tried using the instructions in this thread to manually create a new Login item?

• nkmower
    nkmower
    Community Member

I was having the same trouble and deleted my existing login and manually created a new one as outline in the referenced link. Works just fine now. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nkmower - great! Glad manually re-creating your Login item for this site worked for you. Cheers! :) :+1:

• irvingt
    irvingt
    Community Member

Same! I manually created a new one as outlined in your link. Works fine now! Thanks. I believe it had to do with the "Save online-ID" option on BOA. Make sure to clear all the saved online-ids under your BOA security preferences and I believe that should do the trick. it should work flawlessly!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @irvingt! I'm happy to hear that recreating the item worked for you too :)

This discussion has been closed.