Migrating to a different computer: Secret Key

Options
HelloAsh
HelloAsh
Community Member

I am migrating to a new computer and 1Password keeps asking me for a secret key. To find my secret key, 1Password keeps asking me for a secret key.

How do I resolve this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @HelloAsh! I'm sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately, without a little more information, it's difficult to say what might be wrong and how we might help you correct it. Can you please tell us:

1. What specific version of 1Password for Mac you had on your old computer, and whether you still have access to it?
    2. What specific version of macOS was on your old computer?
    3. What specific version of 1Password for Mac you installed on your new computer, and from where (us directly, or the Mac App Store)?
    4. What specific version of macOS is on your new computer?
    5. How you were syncing your 1Password data on your old computer
    6. What specific steps you've taken so far, and where things started not working the way you think they should?
    7. Anything else you think we should know that seems relevant to solving the issue.

Thanks! :)

• HelloAsh
    HelloAsh
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about that.

It worked without a secret key. I tried syncing via icloud and was successful. Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HelloAsh - great! I'm glad to hear you got everything sorted; let us know if you have any further questions or issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.