Difference in behavior on two computers sharing Dropboxed passwords

This is so weird. On my MacPro running SL, 1Password 3, and Dropbox (where I keep my agilekeychain), I have several bank logins for the same bank, but different accounts. Ditto for my MacBook Pro, using the same agilekeychain.

On my MacPro, when I double-click a login in 1PW, it opens the window in my browser. Yes, I do need to make sure I close the first bank tab before I double-click another login for the same bank, or I'll get the first login again. Slightly annoying, because sometimes I'm looking at a couple of accounts at the same time, but I'll live.

On my MacBook Pro, when I double-click another bank login, it keeps opening the first login I used for the bank. For example: User id: "MyPersonalAccount". Over and over. Even if I want "MyBusinessAccount." Even if I've logged out and closed the site. Even if I close the browser and open it again. I still get the first login.

It works just fine on the Mac Pro if I go back to it. I spent several minutes doing this the other day, trying to problem-solve it.

Any thoughts?

One difference between the two machines: The MacPro has a clean install of SL. The MacBook Pro has an overlay install of SL.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm sorry to hear you're having this inconsistency. So on your MacBook Pro you do see each of the Logins, but no matter which one you double-click the same login credentials are filled into the web site? Is it possible that on the MacBook Pro you still have the browser's password manager enabled? We strongly recommend that while using 1Password as your password manager that you turn off any "builtin" password manager within the browser(s) you use.

- For Firefox 3.5 (and perhaps earlier), choose the Firefox -> Preferences menu option and click on the Security pane. Uncheck the "Remember passwords for sites" and "Use a master password" boxes.

- For Safari 4 (and perhaps earlier), choose the Safari -> Preferences menu option and click on the AutoFill pane. Uncheck the "User names and passwords" box.

There may also be something going on with your browser's cookies. Many web sites that support Login/Logout will use cookies to actually support remembering the account attributes to be used for return visits. Perhaps you have a cookie "manager" that's behaving differently on the two computers and leaving something behind or removing something that the other one isn't.

Another experiment that can be made would be to see if within the browser that 1Password's Go & Fill can bring up the proper account credentials. Selecting Go & Fill from the browser is the same operation as double-clicking on a Logins item in the 1Password application.

Please let us know anything that you find out.
  • mdhwebmaster
    edited December 1969
    Clearing my cookies resolved the problem. Thanks!
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Clearing my cookies resolved the problem. Thanks!

Thanks so much for letting us know!
This discussion has been closed.