Can't log into windows app

Options

I am using a family trial. signed up and downloaded the windows app, extension, and android app. subsequently changed my master password to make it stronger. after changing, was unable to login with new password, but could login with old password saying "authentication error". I followed the link to put in new credentials, but no success. finally deleted software from all devices and removed my account. just setup new account using my previous email, new security key, and new master password. I am able to now login on 1password.com, the windows extension, and my android phone with my new credentials. BUT, I cannot login on the windows app even though I am using my new security key and password. It will allow me access however using my old master password with the "authentication error" pop-up again. How can i login to the windows app with my new credentials??? I have a diagnostics report I can send to someone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrovery,

Sorry for the troubles!

Please try to start over with 1Password 7 app on your PC and then sign in to your account from scratch.

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• mrovery
    mrovery
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

Didn't work. still not accepting my new password. i reset all data>didn't work. uninstalled and re-installed. not accepting my new password. will accept old password, then pop up says authentication error, click here to sign in with new credentials. after I click, it doesn't accept my new secret key/master pass combo nor my old combo. my new credentials are working fine at 1password.com, the chrome extension, and android app. i need to login to my windows app. please help

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrovery: There is an issue with our starting over instructions at the moment, I am sorry about that. It seems that you have been able to start over manually (thanks to Kate), so please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.