1Password on Mac Store

Cloaky
Cloaky
Community Member
edited September 2011 in Lounge
Hey there, here is a quick one...

As far as I could understand, you guys are moving 1Password to the Mac Store, is it permanent?? I am willing to buy it, again, if it is a MUST to have the latest version. You guys aren't upgrading the site version, right?

I am getting a iTunes gift card next, week, lets hope the sale does`t end before that...

Thanks.

Comments

• dprb
    dprb
    Community Member
    I am not ready to upgrade to Lion but want to buy v 3.9 whilst it is on sale. The app store will not let me because I am 10.6.7. How can I?
  • danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Best solution seems to be to find a friend with Lion. You can purchase using your Apple ID and then install on yourmachine when you are ready.

Or buy Lion and keep it on a separate partition for experimental purposes.

Apple, reasonably enough, doesn't want you buying a program you can't use, so you can't get 1PW from the App Store unless you are running Lion.

Agile needs to think about this issue, but there may not be a simple answer.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The plan is to have 1Password by MAS-only going forward.

The App Store offers us the ability to spend less time dealing with servers, licensing issues, writing e-commerce software, etc., and more time on creating great software. When we consider the costs of server space, handling licensing issues, sales issues, and credit card processing fees, the Mac App Store is very appealing. We do what we do because we love to write great software and help folks make the most of it. Anything that allows us to spend more time on those two passions allows us to better serve our customers in the long run.

Don't forget, though, that your current 1Password 3 license is good forever. (We still provide support for folks who use and love 1Password 2.) The non-MAS version of 1Password 3 is still fully supported going forward, and we have some great updates coming for it.

Additionally, one of the neat things about our new extensions is that they are updated independently from the main application, so updates to the extensions are immediately available to both MAS and non-MAS users. :-)
  • Cloaky
    Cloaky
    Community Member
    Let me see if i got it, I got a non-MAS license for 1Password 3, when u guys release the 4 I will need to get a new license, right? So, it would be a smart move, to get the MAS version for 19 cuz it will be valid to 1Password 4, am I right??
  • Cloaky wrote:

Let me see if i got it, I got a non-MAS license for 1Password 3, when u guys release the 4 I will need to get a new license, right? So, it would be a smart move, to get the MAS version for 19 cuz it will be valid to 1Password 4, am I right??

Absolutely. :) Do note that it does require Lion though.
This discussion has been closed.