user name and password not filling at dish network site

using mac osx high sierra; safari 12.0.2. 1password has stopped working at dish network sign in site. Works as before at other sites.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: osx 12.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

using mac osx high sierra; safari 12.0.2. 1password has stopped working at dish network sign in site. Works as before at other sites

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mtparis: You'll need to remove the old extension from Safari, as Apple is discontinuing those, and install a fresh copy of the current version of 1Password. Yours is months out of date:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Restart the Mac and you should be all set.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the URL, the exact steps you're taking, and what the trouble is.

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

I see on both of my computers where 1Password 7 is installed I have checked automatically check and install updates. You indicate my version is out of date. Please explain.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mtparis: Version 7.2.4 is the current release of 1Password for Mac:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

Did you install it?

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

yes, I installed it as instructed. But my question is why had it not been installed previously since I have my 1password set to automatically check and install updates? Do I have to make a point to remember to manually keep checking for current version of this software?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @mtparis,

It wasn't anything you did or didn't do, it was us. As 1Password 7.2 or newer requires Safari 12 and we don't know who uses Safari we decided to initially only offer 7.2 to those running Mojave as they definitely have Safari 12. We will at some point enable 7.2 and newer for everybody running either Sierra or High Sierra but we're hoping by delaying a little that adoption of Safari 12 will mean users don't update 1Password and then find the can't use Safari until they update. Now that you have the current version you will be offered new updates as normal.

Returning to the issue that prompted you to post, are things working at whatever dish network is? If they aren't could you supply the URL please and I will happily take a look :smile:

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

Yes, little bobby tables, everything is now working. Puzzled that you say "whatever dish network is?" Maybe you're responding from another country?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

There's a good possibility :lol: Whilst 1Password is a Canadian company a number of us are scattered around the globe. I'm based in the UK so if a site is quite country specific there is a good chance I haven't used it myself. That won't stop me potentially being helpful though once I know I'm testing the right page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm from the US and I thought Dish got subsumed by another company years ago. But I may be thinking of something else. Either way, it's helpful to know the specific URL you're having trouble with so we can test it. :)

This discussion has been closed.