How to access a vault on a new Android installation?

jmv
jmv
Community Member

I have been using 2 stand alone 1Password applications on 2 Windows 10 boxes now for several years. The file sync is done via a personal private cloud that also provides a sync to my Android phone. I recently downloaded the trial Android trial version but it seems that 1password is trying to force me to use there hosted cloud services. What are the steps if any do I take so that I can use my existing on prem file structure to access my vault on my Android phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Synology

Comments

• Hi @jmv. On the welcome screen, you'll see options for signing into an existing account, signing up for a new account, and syncing an existing standalone vault. Choosing either of the account sign in options will take you to our membership service. If you're using the standalone vault on Windows, you'll need to select a standalone sync option from Android as well.

As you're using a private cloud, that sounds like an unsupported sync method. You'll need to make sure the vault is in the Android's local storage, and you can choose local storage sync from Android, and select that folder to sync with it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.