Phone broke and now can't get into 1password without secret key

Options
tennjenn1984
tennjenn1984
Community Member

Hello there,

I have an individual account that I use on my iPhone 7. Recently, my phone had a software glitch that eventually led to a loaner phone...then a new phone because they couldn't fix the issue at all. Anyway, I don't have my secret key. Naturally (thus subscribing to this app), I'm bad at remembering passwords. I had no clue how important the secret key was so I didn't even have it written down. So what do I do? I can't get into my account. I can't get email support to help me. I don't know where to start.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tennjenn1984

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. We have a guide which may help in finding your Secret Key, here:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code | 1Password

I'd recommend making sure iCloud Keychain is turned on and that you are signed into the same Apple ID on the new phone as you were on the old one. If iCloud Keychain was enabled on the old phone the Secret Key would be stored there. The Secret Key is required to access your account from a new device though, so ultimately if you are unable to locate a copy of it you would need to start over. That is something we can assist you with via email. Please let me know how you make out.

Ben

ref: INK-33984-784

This discussion has been closed.