To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

never received a setup code after I subscribed to 1password on iPhone

jadecdpwds
jadecdpwds
Community Member

I subscribed to 1password via my iPhone app store and received a discount for my first 6 months then an annual renewal. I was told that an email with a setup code would soon be in my inbox. No email ever came. But the iPhone app still allowed me to try and set up some passwords so I tried with my credit union but although the program would generate a password, copying that password into the bank's website proven impossible on my phone so I went to the mac in my office. After downloading the mac app, I was again asked for my username and secret code/setup code which I couldn't enter because I never received either via my iPhone. In trying to communicate with you in support I set up an account (so now I have a username) but still no setup code. I used the same password to set up this account as I did on my iPhone. Now I would like to connect/sync the mac and iPhone app with my subscription I made when I downloaded the mobile app. PS and get my setup code.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:never received setup code when I subscribed via iphone

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019

Hi @jadecdpwds

You can view your Setup Code in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts > your account. The Setup Code is never emailed, so I apologize for anything that might've been said to lead you to believe that. There is also a spot on that screen to view your Secret Key. Armed with that information you should be able to sign in to your account on your Mac.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: ZCG-43326-731

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member

Unfortunately when I go 1Password settings I don’t have an account. There is an option to add an account. But again I don’t have the setup code

• @jadecdpwds

I'm a little confused as to how you were creating 1Password items without being signed into your account. You're looking in settings on the same device you signed up with, right?

Ben

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Yes. That’s what has me confused also. My iPhone app acts like I have an account which I should since I subscribed but then when I go to settings in the app, there is no account ? Help me get this right. Here is my apple receipt. [personal information removed; this is a public forum]

• Thanks @jadecdpwds. At this point I'd like to see what is going on "under the hood" on your iPhone. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/100594/
    • Your forum username: jadecdpwds

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member

your support ID is [#ZTM-76399-887].

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member

your support ID is [#UQF-53832-481]

I have received both of these support ids

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member

I am about at my wit's end. I tried signing up for an account through the apple store. I never received the 6 digit code that I was supposed to be emailed. So I never could complete the signup process. So i decided to start from scratch. So I cancelled my previous subscription in the apple store and started a new one. This time I did receive the email and the six digit code BUT the secret code refused to download onto my iPhone. Trying to work around this I signed on to my mac which also had the 1password app. When I tried to use the scan the Qcode from my iPhone to verify my account, it was rejected. HELP! I am about to give up on this completely.

1Password Version: 7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.14
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:At my wits end.

• Hi @jadecdpwds

It sounds like the iPhone is still signed into the old account, so that doesn't do us much good. Are you able to sign in to the new account anywhere?

Ben

P.S. I merged your two threads so we can keep everything together.

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member

Yes. I am able to log into my old account! And I have found my secret key. So I believe all is well. Thank you for your patience and help. Whew.

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member

oops! Spoke too soon. Able to log into the website 1Password.com but again when I try to enter my codes on the phone, they are rejected.

• jadecdpwds
    jadecdpwds
    Community Member

Tried to delete and reinstall the app on my phone. No luck.

• @jadecdpwds

Please try deleting the old account:

How to delete your 1Password account

(make sure it is actually the old account you're signed into before proceeding)

When you go to sign in make sure you're choosing the option to add a different account, so that you're given the opportunity to enter all of the credentials for the new account.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.