I have two faults, one on my Mac and the other on Dropbox.

bayle
bayle
Community Member

Hello, I have two faults, one on my Mac and the other on Dropbox. Those 2 faults do not have the same number of entries.
I would like to synchronize the 2 faults and then delete the fault on my Mac and leave the one on Dropbox for synchronisation between mac, macbook and iphone
Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 70204000
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:2 faults

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bayle - I'm sorry for the trouble! What you will be doing is not syncing those two vaults, you'll be merging them. That may mean you'll have to spend some time weeding out duplicate items, but in the end you'll have a single vault, synced to all your devices. Before we begin, can you tell me what you see if you open Preferences > Sync on your Mac and check whether your vault is synced? Let me know what you discover. What is the sync set to?

• bayle
    bayle
    Community Member

Hello,
    Q : can you tell me what you see if you open Preferences > Sync on your Mac :-1:
    A : pictures enclosed. I see that the main fault (the one on Dropbox) si synced.
    Q : check whether your vault is synced?
    A: It is indeed. The last one 35 seconds before I open the window
    Q : What is the sync set to?
    A : Dropbox
    Thank you for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bayle - thanks for the screenshot. I'm a little unclear now, however: this shows that your vault IS synced via Dropbox. Is your issue resolved? If not, can you explain a bit more what the problem is?

• bayle
    bayle
    Community Member

Hi Lars, I am coming back to you about this problem. I have time now to get this done. Now I copied by transfering with my mouse the data from my personal fault to the main fault on dropbox. But in my personal fault there is still 61 informations from screen copy to pdf file that was not copied in the main fault on dropbox. It seems that it is all the text files. Is there a reason ?
    Also once this will be done, how can I supress the personal account which I do not need anymore ?
    Thank you for your answer

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bayle - if you have a vault called "Personal," then it sounds as if you've created a 1password.com account at some point in the past. 1password.com accounts are synced via the 1password.com servers, not Dropbox or any other method. If this is the case, you'll need to decide whether you're intending to keep the 1password.com account (in which case, you should move data from the Dropbox vault back into the Personal vault, then delete the Primary (Principal) vault, or whether you'd prefer to delete your 1password.com account and use only the standalone Primary vault synced via Dropbox. Let me know which of these you prefer.

• bayle
    bayle
    Community Member

Good evening, Lars,
    You're right I created an account a few years ago and I did something stupid by installing 1password on a second computer and creating a new account. So I end up with two accounts.
    I thought the synchronization was done via DropBox because I saw that on my hard disk, the file (1password.agilekeychain) was on the root of the DropBox directory. But you tell me that the synchronization is not done by Dropbox.
    Now I have 1password on my imac, my ipad, my iphone and my air macbook (which I will no longer use) and I just bought a macbookpro on which I want to install 1password.
    Could you tell me the best method.
    I could also save the files and delete 1 password from all computers and reinstall cleanly?
    What do you think of that?
    What I miss is the method?
    Thank you in advance

• bayle
    bayle
    Community Member

Good evening, Lars,
    You're right I created an account a few years ago and I did something stupid by installing 1password on a second computer and creating a new account. So I end up with two accounts.
    I thought the synchronization was done via DropBox because I saw that on my hard disk, the file (1password.agilekeychain) was on the root of the DropBox directory. But you tell me that the synchronization is not done by Dropbox.
    Now I have 1password on my imac, my ipad, my iphone and my air macbook (which I will no longer use) and I just bought a macbookpro on which I want to install 1password.
    Could you tell me the best method.
    I could also save the files and delete 1 password from all computers and reinstall cleanly?
    What do you think of that?
    What I miss is the method?
    Thank you in advance

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bayle - what I think at this point, given that you have multiple devices and multiple vaults/accounts, is that we should get a better look at what data is in what location/account on which devices. To do that, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#XUP-44279-577]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @Bale only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: XUP-44279-577

This discussion has been closed.