Unable to change master password in iPhone

Options
KeBa1
KeBa1
Community Member

I believe I know how to do this, but seem to have made too many attempts to enter "verify new password". (I was making a typo of some kind when trying to verify new PW.) I would receive a message that the verify PW and my new PW don't match. But after repeated tries, I now receive this message: "Password Change Error. Could not save new account password. Your password has not been changed." So, I am locked out from being able to change my master password on my iPhone. To be clear I CAN still get into 1Password with my initial password. Just now unable to change it. Please let me know how I can get this done. (Note: I sent an email in your support area a while ago, so this is a duplicate request. Sorry about that.) Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @KeithBaker1

Please try using the 1Password.com website to change your Master Password:

How to change your Master Password | 1Password

Also please note that we generally recommend picking a strong Master Password and sticking with it, only changing it if you believe it to be compromised (or otherwise insecure).

Thanks!

Ben

• KeBa1
    KeBa1
    Community Member
    Options
    • Ben, that did it, thanks! Also, thank you for replying so quickly to my request!!
  • Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.