To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Considering 1Password

Options
Captlwg
Captlwg
Community Member

I am a "newbee" with respect to Password Managers and considering 1Password (based on Google article for best managers for Mac/iOS devices. I am not a IT person so bare with me:
1. What is the difference difference between a 1Password License and a 1Password Membership?
2. Wha happens to my cost when an updated version or significant new version is released?
3. If it just 2 users (myself and my wife) in our "family" with one laptop (Mac Airbook) and one iPhone each (i.e. 2 users with separate Apple IDs and a total of three devices) do I need a standard 1Password account or a 1Password Family account?

Thanks - Larry

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Mac High Sierra; iOS 12.1.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:What is the difference between a 1Password license and a membeship?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Captlwg

Licenses are no longer being advertised. If you're new to 1Password, and password management in general, I wouldn't recommend a license to you. We continue to make them available primarily so existing customers who are already familiar and comfortable with that setup (many of whom are IT people) can continue without having to change their setup. They're more expensive, and more technically complex to use.

Membership includes everything you need to get the most out of 1Password. It gives you access to the latest version of 1Password for all of your compatible devices. If you and your wife want to have some data that is shared and some data that is not then 1Password Families membership would be the best choice. If you don't mind sharing everything then you could get away with an individual membership. Upgrades are included so long as your membership is in good standing.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.