Added new ios device and want 1Pass 6

I just added a new iPhone to our family and would like to get an older version of 1Password on it so I can wifi sync with my other devices. Is that possible? I see a link on your site to download ver 6 for desktop but not sure if it is also possible to do the same with iPhone. I am happy with the features of ver. 6 and since your site says you still send security updates for ver 6, I'd like to keep it.

Thanks much

1Password Version: 6.89
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @wgaustin

I see a link on your site to download ver 6 for desktop but not sure if it is also possible to do the same with iPhone.

It is not. That said, 1Password 7 for iOS can sync with the WLAN Server in 1Password 6 for Mac (as well as 1Password 7 for Mac). I'd be interested to hear what attracts you to the WLAN Server, though? It is the most technically complex option we offer to set up and maintain and is the least reliable due to it being affected by so many external factors.

and since your site says you still send security updates for ver 6, I'd like to keep it.

1Password 6 is no longer being developed. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser. I see from the version numbers you posted you're out of date on at least two of those three things.

Ben

P.S. I see you also emailed us about this. I've gone ahead and closed that ticket. If you have further to add please reply here. Thanks!

• Thanks Ben. I'm just looking for non subscription and non cloud options right now. That may be a unicorn these days but I am just resisting because I liked the simple wifi sync system I enjoyed with ver.6

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I'm not sure I've ever seen WLAN sync described as "simple" before. 😁 In any event, that is all still possible with the latest versions of 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Mac. 1Password 7 for Mac has the WLAN server and can be licensed, and 1Password 7 for iOS can sync with the WLAN server.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.