Secret key

I am trying to find the secret key, and have spent so long trying with no luck. please help. Years ago I bought one password from Agilebits, not an app. The person was so helpful. His name was Kyle. He said to contact them again if I ever had a problem, but it seems you no longer allow phone contact. I wish I could speak to someone again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS High Sierra version 10 13 6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• happyhart_2460
    happyhart_2460
    Community Member

I wrote my problem above

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@happyhart_2460: Thanks for reaching out. I know Kyle. :) I’m sorry for the confusion though. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Which version of 1Password did you purchase, and where do you have your data?

• happyhart_2460
    happyhart_2460
    Community Member

Hi Brenty. I've been away and not able to reply before now. you asked which version of 1Password I had, but I do not know for sure. All I know is what I found in the long email chain of communication between Kyle Swank and me in 2012. He referenced 1Password 3.9 for Mac. I paid $49.00 I think.

Anyway, I copied Time Machine from my old computer to the new one I now have, and 1Password showed up. I was very happy to see it! However, Lyle told me to never lose a number or code or whatever it was, because without it it would be difficult (probably not impossible) to help me with 1Password if I needed you to. This is what I have lost.

I am hoping you can tell me what it is I am missing. I still have almost all the communication between Kyle and me when he was screen sharing and helping me. Should I send it to you? I want to know what that number is in case I ever need it.

Thanks!
    Jeannie

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@happyhart_2460: No worries. Thanks for getting back to me. If you purchased 1Password in 2012 though, you would not have a 1Password membership subscription account or a Secret Key. And the version you would have purchased at that time would be very old now and not compatible with recent releases of macOS and web browsers. Anyway, I see that you also emailed us separately and Max replied to you on January 14th, so it would be best to continue the conversation there to avoid confusing back and forth in different places with different people. Just reply to his email on how you'd like to proceed, and one of us can help you get things setup. :)

ref: DJY-75396-367

This discussion has been closed.