To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

BUG: Share icon (Move/Copy) in web app not showing in Firefox

BLD
BLD
Community Member

For same user, same vault, same item -- MacOS X Mojave 10.14.3.

In Chrome 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit):

In Firefox 64.0.2 (64-bit):

1Password Version: N/A web app
Extension Version: N/A web app
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: N/A web app

Comments

• Hi @BLD

I'm not seeing that in my installation. Is there any content blocking enabled in Firefox?

Ben

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

Yes, I do have an Ad Blocker running, but why on Earth would that make a difference? I’ll give disabling it a shot anyway though.

You’re definitely running the same version of Firefox under MacOS?

• You’re definitely running the same version of Firefox under MacOS?

Yes:

Yes, I do have an Ad Blocker running, but why on Earth would that make a difference? I’ll give disabling it a shot anyway though.

I'd bet money your ad blocker is being over zealous. :)

Ben

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

Glad I didn't take that bet -- you're right. Why does AdBlocker think that your Share icon is an ad??

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

What's even more fun is that AdBlocker Plus doesn't even report that it blocked anything.

• Glad I didn't take that bet -- you're right. Why does AdBlocker think that your Share icon is an ad??

"Share" is an action that is often associated with social media, and Adblock Plus is likely blocking it on that basis (with the intention of blocking "Share on Facebook" links and similar).

Ben

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

You guys should probably work with AdBlocker to get yourself automatically whitelisted. I bet this won't be the last time you hear this issue.

• Unfortunately we just don't have the resources to do that, especially considering Adblock Plus uses lists called "filterlists" sourced from all over the internet to block elements on webpages. Whatever rule is blocking the icon is likely not one that the Adblock Plus team wrote themselves. It is likely coming from some list you have enabled in Adblock Plus targeted at blocking social media. Adblock Plus has more information on how this works here:

Getting started with Adblock Plus

(under "Choosing the right filterlist")

Ben

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

@Ben fyi I'm using Adblock OOTB -- no customizations of any kind except to occasionally whitelist some sites ;-)

1Pasword such a popular tool, I bet an email from you to the Adblock developers would get a response. I'd hazard they'd not be happy they're trampling on you. That said, I'm not thrilled by that particular aspect of your web UI anyway -- I had to go searching the docs and forums to even realize something was missing.

• That said, I'm not thrilled by that particular aspect of your web UI anyway -- I had to go searching the docs and forums to even realize something was missing.

I'm not sure I understand. Which aspect of the UI aren't you trilled by?

Ben

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member

@Ben Trilled? Is there an Easter Egg in the software I haven't discovered yet? ;-)

The little sharing icon for Move/Copy and Duplicate. I would find buttons for them down at the bottom of the screen next to Edit much more intuitive. Or even better HTML5 Drag and Drop to be consistent with the other clients.

I am a huge fan of having all client UIs be as completely consistent as possible. I realize there are just sometimes where that's not feasible, but I do think there is quite a variance between the Windows, MacOS and web clients.

• Ha! Sorry about the typo. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.