Community Member

Steps to produce

1. Create a new Secure Note
  2. Type or paste in text in Note field
  3. Save Note

Expected behavior

Note text would be visible when Secure Note is viewed in list or from Search

Actual behavior

Note field is shown as a blank box (!) until Note is put into Edit mode, whereupon Note text appears.

This behavior scared the #@%&$# out of me, as I had mission-critical info stored in a note that appeared to be blank!

Additional information

7.2.3.BETA-7
macOS 10.14.2 Mojave

Can send screenshots of the behavior if needed. Also, same note showed same behavior (blank note field) in iOS app.

1Password Version: 7.2.3.BETA-7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hi FloridaNudist,

If you can send a screenshot or video that would be great. I'm not seeing the same behavior here so I'm likely doing something differently, and a screenshot/video can help us find the problem quickly.

• bkhoyt
    bkhoyt
    Community Member

I too had this issue after importing text from another password program. The issue was only with multiline notes. The solution for me was to edit the note, put everything on a single line (backspace from begging of lines 2-n), save the note, edit again and then break up the lines just like it was originally, save the note. All fixed for me, now I can see the entire note.

• @bkhoyt,

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if the text from the other password program was exported with Windows or Unix line endings in them? If i had to guess, i'd say that it was using the Windows line endings and when you imported that into 1Password it didn't treat them as new lines, but rather collapsed it instead.

• bkhoyt
    bkhoyt
    Community Member

It was an import from SplashID via their VID file format. It was windows but don't know if it was newline related or not.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2019

SplashID uses 0x0b (vertical tab) as the newline character in their VID file. I account for this in the splashid converter in the converter suite:

# a few cleanups and flatten notes
        $notes[2][0] =~ s/\x{0b}/\n/g           if $^O eq 'MSWin32';

• @bkhoyt,

does it display correctly if you turn off the "format secure notes using markdown" setting in Preferences -> General at the bottom?

• bkhoyt
    bkhoyt
    Community Member

I have already gone through all my records and fixed them. Sorry.

• @bkhoyt,

Thanks, we'll take a look.

This discussion has been closed.