How can I convert from 1password 6 trial period to a licensed version? I have the license.

I have family license for 1password 6. I am trying to set up a vault on my daughter's computer. She dowloaded 1password 6 but it appears to be the subscription version as I don't see where she can convert from the trial to licensed version and I don't see a sync button.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I convert from 1password 6 trial period to a licensed version? I have the license.

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @nextoll

It sounds like your daughter signed up for a 1Password subscription membership. That would be the only thing that would cause the sync icon to be missing from preferences. If you want to continue to use 1Password v6 for Mac with a standalone license instructions on doing that can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

That said I'd recommend reconsidering that position. 1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer being developed / updated. While your license allows you to continue to use it for as long as it continues to work for you that isn't really advisable. As a security focused company our recommendation would always be to keep up to date with all of your software, especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

1Password Families membership would be the best way forward. It would give you and your family access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices, and is also the only way we support securely sharing 1Password data. You can read more about that here:

Either way you decide if you need help moving forward please let me know.

Ben

• Yes. That’s what we ended up doing (subscription). Thank you.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Great. Thanks for the update @nextoll. If you need any help getting that set up please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.