I can't log into my 1Password app on my computer, though I can log into my account.

jazztpt
jazztpt
Community Member

My husband recently invited me to join his family account. I joined the account, moved my vault, and set my master password. In my 1Password 7 app on my mac, I can no longer log in. I cannot log in with either my old password or my new password. My new password does allow me to log into my 1Password account on the web, but I cannot access my vault from there. I've closed and re-opened 1Password 7 but this has not fixed the problem.
Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't log into my 1Password app on my computer, though I can log into my account.

Comments

• Hi @jazztpt,

Could you please clarify where your data is currently? Is it in your old account or in the new account that is part of your 1Password Families membership? Are you able to log in to the one that has your data via https://my.1password.com/ ?

Ben

• jazztpt
    jazztpt
    Community Member

I can log into my vault at my.1password.com. I cannot log into my mac application that syncs to my browser extensions.

• Okay. If your data is available to you when you log in at my.1password.com here is what I'd recommend:

1. Open 1Password for Mac
    2. From the lock screen select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data
    3. From the welcome screen select the option to sign into your 1Password account
    4. Make sure you're entering the same credentials that you are using to log in to my.1Password.com (make sure the Secret Key matches, etc)

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• jazztpt
    jazztpt
    Community Member

I did what you recommended. I used the credentials from my account that I log into on the web that I share with my husband and that has all my passwords. After logging in, I can see that I'm in a shared account with my husband. But my vault is empty.

• jazztpt
    jazztpt
    Community Member

I deleted the 1Password app and reinstalled it and that seemed to fix it.

• Glad to hear that helped. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.