Help me fix 1Password so it will 'open and fill' on my laptop and android phone

As far as I can tell, I have created each 'item' correctly in my vault. When I click on 'open and fill', the website will open but that is all. My user name will only appear on those sites I have clicked the "Remember me" fields. I have to 'copy and paste' user name and/or password to log in. This is the same on both my laptop and Samsung Galaxy S8. No difference for IE or Chrome. A confession - I have had 1Password for over a year and have just dealt with it as is. Then at work, I was given LastPass and it works perfectly. I realized what I was missing. HELP!

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: I do not know
OS Version: Windows 10 Home v.1803
Sync Type: I do not know
Referrer: forum-search:1Password will not 'open and fill' any site on laptop and android phone

Comments

• phxcat6
    phxcat6
    Community Member

Actually, I am using MS Edge as recommended by MS.

• Hi @phxcat6,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you see the 1Password icon in your Microsoft Edge browser? The 1Password extension is required to fill in your data and to save new data, so if it is not enabled for your browser, 1Password can only open the website for you.

You can find more information here: https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers

• phxcat6
    phxcat6
    Community Member

Thank YOU MikeT - that is apparently what I was missing!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @phxcat6,

I am glad to hear that it worked! :) Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.