Right clicking system tray icon makes pop up menu appear on other monitor

IcyStorm
IcyStorm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The set up is that I have two monitors, both in landscape, oriented such that one is above the other. I have the taskbar visible on both monitors, but the main taskbar (the one with the system tray) is positioned at the bottom of the secondary monitor, while primary monitor has its taskbar (no system tray) positioned vertically along the left side.

When I right click the 1Password icon in the system tray, the menu for some reason pops up on the bottom of the primary monitor. This has happened for a couple of builds now, and I'm not really sure what's wrong.

So when the main taskbar is moved to the bottom monitor, it works properly, regardless of whether the taskbar is placed on the bottom, top, or either side. When the main taskbar is on the top monitor, the position of the menu that appears on the bottom monitor will sort of follow where the system tray icon is.

So for example, when the system tray is on top or bottom of the top monitor, the menu will appear directly below it (as can be seen in the second photo above). When the system tray is on the left side of the top monitor, the menu will still appear at the bottom of the bottom monitor, but on the left side. Same thing with the right.

Left clicking the icon actually just brings up 1Password Mini where it should be.

1Password Version: 7.3.652
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @IcyStorm,

Thanks for reporting this. I apologize for the delay, we were trying to find the right setup to reproduce this issue and we couldn't reproduce it.

The only thing we did notice was that the context menu showed up a few inch above the taskbar if you right-click a few times but not on primary monitor. We're looking into it, it may be responsible for your issue as well.

• IcyStorm
    IcyStorm
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. I can't reproduce that, but that might be because of whatever's causing my issue.

Let me know whatever other information you need, such as running programs (especially since I do a couple that may modify window behavior like AquaSnap - though I don't see why that might affect context menus and AquaSnap hasn't been updated since before this issue started occurring) or system information.

• Thanks, we'll follow up as soon as we take a deeper look at the code to figure out what's going on.

• ndavalos
    ndavalos
    Community Member

When right clicking the tray icon for the app, the pop up menu will end up on the wrong monitor. For instance, I have 3 monitors on one workstation, the windows taskbar is on the far left monitor. When I right click the icon for the app in the tray, the pop up menu appears on the far right monitor.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @ndavalos,

Thanks for reporting this. I've merged your thread into this other thread with identical bug report.

We were not able to reproduce this but we did find an related issue that we think could be the cause. We'll follow up as soon as we fix this and release an update, we'd like you guys to confirm the fix since we can't reproduce the multiple-monitor glitch on our own machines.

• @IcyStorm @ndavalos can you please share your screen resolutions and scale factors?

• IcyStorm
    IcyStorm
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile

Primary: 2560x1080, scale 100% (no scaling), landscape
    Secondary (on top): 1920x1080, scale 100% (no scaling), landscape

I am on Windows 10 1809, if relevant. Happened on 1803 too.

• Hi @IcyStorm,

Thanks, we were hoping it may be a scaling glitch but that isn't the case for you. We're looking into it.

• ndavalos
    ndavalos
    Community Member

1920x1080 no scaling landscape.
    This is my home system, my work system is the same, but without the top row of monitors.

• ndavalos
    ndavalos
    Community Member

Additional settings, pretty much defaults

• ndavalos
    ndavalos
    Community Member

If it helps my taskbar is across monitor 2 at the top, here's what it looks like when I use the taskbar menu

• Thanks, we're ruling out scaling factors at the moment. We have two separate Windows UI involved with the notification tray and we were thinking there were some conversion issues between both UIs. We're still looking into this.

That's.....an awesome setup of monitors. I'm jealous. /me goes to our CEO to ask for this setup for "testing".

This discussion has been closed.