I have private vault; trying to share with team members

We have a team account. I set up the account and it created a private vault. I then invited our team - and they joined. I can see them and they have access. I want them to have access to the private account OR I created another vault called primary but it doesn't have anything in it and I can't figure out how to share everything from the private to the primary vault, or just give them access to the private vault. Everything I find on-line tells me menu options, etc. that I don't find even exist.
K

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:sharing a private vault to team members

Comments

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Is there a particular reason why you don't just create a new vault, stick the items in you'd like share and then grant the appropriate access?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WTCATL2019,

If you have a vault called “Primary” it may have been created outside your account as a standalone vault that only exists on your computer. You won’t be able to share that with anyone on your team. But it’s easy to create a vault that you can share with your team.

First of all, everyone on your team should have access to the “Shared” vault. Everyone on your team has access to everything in that vault. So you can just move items to that vault if that’s what you need. This support article has instructions for moving items on 1Password.com as well as in each app. So no matter which platform you’re using, you can click to see the instructions for that platform:

This article will explain how to create a new vault that you can share with specific people on your team (rather than everyone). You start by signing in to your account on 1Password.com.

If you’re stuck on any part, let me know which part you’re stuck on and I can provide more specific assistance.

This discussion has been closed.