To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1pw with subscription: releas subset of passwords for mobile device?

You have just recommended an upgrade to 1pw7 using a subscription instead of a standalone license. I really like to do so and also save my password I use on the mobile device. (entering pws on mobilie devices is much more difficult as you don't have a keyboard).

BUT: I don't want to risk the access to all my passwords from my mobile device. Is it possible to arrange logins in a way that the mobile device gets only access to a subset of my logins (those that I really use by mobile access) ? This would reduce the risk that comes always with the use of mobile devices.

Can I define seperate master-passwords for the mobile device and my mac? I have defined a 20 digit password for the standalone license, but using my mobile I can hardly imagine to enter a 20 digit password to log in to 1 password... This also explains why I want to make only a subset accessible to my mobile.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @rainerfeldbruegge,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to set up a separate master password for your mobile device on an individual account.

If your device has fingerprint authentication you can set 1Password to use your fingerprint to log in.

Another option is if you had a family account you could set up a family member account just for your mobile device with a different master password (we suggest a four word phrase like "tractor-disco-lizard-fire" or the like so it's easy to remember, but very hard to guess). You can use our password generator to generate a password like this: https://1password.com/password-generator/

Once the account it set up you can create a new vault and only give access to that mobile account. Then you can move the items you want the mobile device to access into that vault.

I honestly don't recommend this second option, but it would fit your requirements.

• nedmullen1
    nedmullen1
    Community Member

Hi there :)
    From my own experience you can't limit what vaults are accessible on certain devices once you have an account all vaults are available on each platform at all times but someone from the 1Password team might have a workaround for you there. My suggestion of an alternative would be to create a specific vault for your mobile phone and keep the logins you wish to use on your phone easily enough in there. You can even rename it to 'Phone Logins', and that could be more convenient for you to jump in and out of there.

When you create a 1Password account and set a master password for that account it will be the password for all apps to unlock your vaults on each device you are logging in from, so it would be the same on your computer as your phone. I see where you are coming from though it would be easier to have a four digit or basic phone login code to open your vaults instead of having to input a long complex password but that would not be up to the standard of security that a strong master password enables you. Since your current password is so long could you shorten it a little but still have it be a strong password? Also do you have touch id on your device for unlocking? I know that in 1Password for iOS it enables you to set up touch unlocking so you never have to enter your master password unless necessary. :)

This discussion has been closed.