How do I continue to use 1Password as I did before, so it is not a read only app.?

k2drew
k2drew
Community Member

I had to erase my hard drive and my 1Password application got erased. I had a copy that was backed up. Now the application is read-only.

1Password Version: 7.4 or 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:yes I had to erase my hard disk, and my copy of 1Password.app got erased. Now the app is read-only?

Comments

• @k2drew,

If you were using a version prior to 1Password 7 before the hard drive reset then you would need to either purchase a standalone license for 7, or sign up for a 1Password.com account. Alternatively you can re-install the version that you were using previously from the legacy section of the downloads page.

• k2drew
    k2drew
    Community Member

Hi, I was using 1Password 7. and I had an account. I have tried to re-install the app. but have been unsuccessful.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@k2drew - if you have an active 1Password account, you should be able to add it into 1Password for Mac which would remove the "Read Only" designation. You can check whether you account is active by signing into your account in a browser and looking at the Billing setting. If it is active, then try going to Preferences > Accounts and checking the account details you find there against the ones you have in your Emergency Kit. Make sure they're the same. Let me know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.