Log me out!

Options
lawi
lawi
Community Member

Very simple I'm sure, but when using 1Password on my Mac, I can't find the log out button?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Very simple I'm sure, but can't find the log out button on my mac?

Comments

• nedmullen1
    nedmullen1
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

simple but understandable :) I believe there is no log out button in that exact wording :) The app continues to run while it's open for a period of time before it automatically 'closes the vault doors' as it were which is like an auto logout. Then you have to re-enter your master password to re-open them. If you want to logout manually if you click on 1Password on the toolbar at the top of the screen when the app is open there is a 'lock' ( a clever wordplay) option in the dropdown this logs you out. You can also change the auto unlock setting so it remains running all day if you want, or changing them to 'lock on sleep' on your mac is an option too. I hope that helps!

• Hi @lawi ,

You can set your Lock preferences by going to the 1Password 7 menu in the menu bar, and selecting Preferences. Then click on the Security icon. There are lock preferences there. You can also lock 1Password explicitly by choosing Lock from the 1Password 7 menu in the menubar.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• lawi
    lawi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks nedmullen1! Your answer was very helpful.
    Thanks too Kevin. Hmm - a simple “log out” button option would be so much easier.

• nedmullen1
    nedmullen1
    Community Member
    Options

:) :) @lawi

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lawi - there's nothing specifically to "log out" of in 1Password itself, especially if you're using standalone 1Password. You can always manually lock 1Password by using the keyboard command Control‑Option‑Command‑L ( ^⌥⌘L ), if that's helpful.

• lawi
    lawi
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Lars - thats good to know!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lawi - you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.