(Windows) Weird Domain Lockouts When 1Password Service Is Running

Options

Hi

I am running 1Password on my work PC which up until recently has been fine. Just lately, if 1Password is running, my system gets locked out as if 1Password is entering wrong passwords to my pc for my account.

We have no idea how or why this is happening, but we appear to have isolated the problem to 1Password.

When I have 1Password open in the background, even if just in System Tray, the system gets multiple password attempts. However, if I completely close 1Password down, no password attempts are made. We do NOT have the network/pc login details saved inside 1Password.

Has anyone else experience this or does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Malcolm

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @malycom! I'm honestly not sure what could be going on here. 1Password doesn't interact in any way with your domain controller, so it wouldn't make any sense for it to lead to any sort of sign-in attempts, particularly those you didn't trigger. It's also tough for me to fully understand what it is that you're seeing that is leading you to believe that's what's going on. I don't want to ask you to do this here since it's a public forum, but could you e-mail us the logs or even a screenshot of the information you're seeing that's informing your theory to support+windows@1password.com? Hopefully if I can take a closer look, I'll have a better idea of the details of your issue and be able to offer some better advice. Thanks! :chuffed:

• malycom
    malycom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate

Thanks for reply.

We are doing some checking at work. We believe it is the proxy settings within 1Password.

When my password has been changed for the domain it has never been updated on 1Password proxy settings. Pretty sure that will be the answer.

If it turns out that it isn’t the answer, I will forward the logs as you’ve suggested.

Many thanks for the offer of help.

Malcolm

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @malycom,

Please let us know what you find. Thanks in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.