Since latest Chrome extension update, no longer can use fingerprint unlock

Pretty much what's in the title. I don't see a way to enable fingerprint in the browser extension. I used to use it in the previous version. Still works fine for the desktop app, but the extensions asks me to type a password every time. I've looked in the extensions settings and see no option to enable fingerprint. Am I missing something?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: OSX 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @helmsmith,

The version you reported for the 1Password extension belongs to our 1Password X extension. It was originally designed as a standalone extension so we could add support for the likes of ChromeOS or Linux, platforms where we don't have a native application. As it is a standalone extension that only exists within the browser it cannot access the required native frameworks for something like Touch ID. If you were to remove that extension and install the companion extension instead you will find that all the UI (User Interface) is once more handled by 1Password for Mac and so you can use Touch ID to unlock. The companion extension is available for download and install from our "Downloads - 1Password" page and it's the first set of download links after the first one for 1Password for Mac and they appear above the links for 1Password X.

If you have any trouble please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.