Old/deleted usernames showing up in AutoFIll

Options
toddster
toddster
Community Member

I recently changed the primary email address I employ as a username across many sites and apps, and have dutifully updated the logins in 1Password. The 1Password app is all synced up through a membership, and is showing the newest info in-app. However, when I AutoFill in iOS apps (incl. Safari), the old logins are still presented as an option—often as a default. Is there a way to flush these and only show the current login information as a choice?

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.3
Sync Type: 1P Membership

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @toddster

You can refresh the Password AutoFill cache by opening 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill. Opening that screen will cause the refresh. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• toddster
    toddster
    Community Member
    Options

Too easy! That did the trick. Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. :)

Ben

• lieut_data
    lieut_data
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, any advice for what to do if the steps above don't work? I have the exact same problem -- showing duplicate logins / logins for accounts not in All Vaults -- but can't get this to refresh. Steps I've tried:

• Password AutoFill -> wait for the the "updating" banner to disappear
    • Disable autofill from iOS settings altogether, then re-enable (only 1Password enabled)
    • Uninstall and reinstall 1Password.

With the last step I had expected to re-authenticate the device with my 1Password.com account, but discovered that the app somehow already knew about the account and only prompted me just for my master password. What's the best way to purge everything and start from scratch?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lieut_data

That doesn't sound like a caching issue, if you've done that. Password AutoFill doesn't currently respect the All Vaults setting. It is expected that you'll see items from all of your vaults there. We do hope to improve that in a future update, but I don't have any details I can share on that at the moment.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.