Error logging into 1password account from Firefox Beta

I am trying to get 1Password X to work with Firefox on my phone. A recent post elsewhere said that it would work with either Firefox Beta or Firefox Focus, hence I am using Firefox Beta.

I have installed Firefox Beta, then installed the 1Password X add-on. I then go to the drop down menu in Firefox and the second last option is 1Password, which I select. It then prompts me to sign into my 1Password account to get started. I enter my account details and click "Sign In", and I get an error message:

"Cannot sign in.

You are using an outdated version of the 1Password web app. Please refresh the page to update."

Refreshing the page does nothing, each time I retry I get the same error message.

I am on a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android version 6.0.1.
1Password X add-on is 1.13.2.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @AngeP,

I'm not suggesting that 1Password X isn't great but why would you want it on an Android device when you could use the 1Password for Android app and have it interact with more than just Firefox? It just feels like the native app for Android would be a better option for you.

• AngeP
    AngeP
    Community Member

Hi!

Well, I'm use to it because I have it on my Linux machine. And, I did install the 1Password for Android app and it wasn't coming up in forms on websites, and the only way I could get it to work was to open the login from within the 1Password app but then that tied up the app and I couldn't open any other logins. I've gone back to it today after your reply and had another look and the app seems to be working now with the form fill (I have no idea why it wasn't before), which I guess means I don't need 1Password X now on my phone.

thanks for your reply.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @AngeP,

I can see how in that situation you might consider giving 1Password X a shot. I'm not sure why things weren't working immediately once you had 1Password for Android but I am glad to learn it seems to be working as it should now. If you run into any further obstacles with 1Password for Android please do let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.