Longtime user stymied

Options
Blucenturion
Blucenturion
Community Member

1Password 7 gives two sign-on choices; enter manually or scan. My Mac makes a small sighing sound when either is selected. Additionally, "Quit" or "Cancel" produces same sad sound. Initially, my password does work, the problem begins when I click on the Read Only button. Ten years usage has not given any problems till now.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Blucenturion! I'm sorry for the trouble.

My Mac makes a small sighing sound when either is selected. Additionally, "Quit" or "Cancel" produces same sad sound.

I have to confess, that's a new one on me. As far as I'm aware, across every platform we develop for including our web client, we do not make use of any specific noises that are contained with the 1Password app itself. Certain actions may trigger system sounds, but those would be set by (and presumably known to) you. Did you ever install some unusual sounds into your Mac's system sound files?

Initially, my password does work, the problem begins when I click on the Read Only button.

That Read Only button is the indication that you're using the new version - 1Password 7 for Mac - without having paid for it yet. There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password  sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made. When you click the Read Only button, you should get this screen:

Please choose either the large green button to sign up for a 1password.com membership (the best way to use 1Password), or click the link below for a standalone license. If you're still not sure what this means or what to do, can you clarify for us what the issue you're having is (and whether you were able to track down the sound you heard)? Thanks! :)

• Blucenturion
    Blucenturion
    Community Member
    Options

The sound is a system sound and denotes "unable", please disregard. As to your advice, hit the green button; after doing so and entering my email, a message instructs me to go back and use the sign in link for accounts already established . Which when I do, then requires secret key, which I don't have, so that's as far as I've been able to proceed til now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Blucenturion - if you're getting a message to sign in, then it's likely you've already created a 1password.com account at some point in the past, perhaps inadvertently? I noticed you also sent a message in to our email support address. Since I think further discussion of your specific setup should be handled in private, I've replied there. Please check your email and let's continue the conversation that way, if you don't mind. :)

• Blucenturion
    Blucenturion
    Community Member
    Options

complied, thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• Blucenturion
    Blucenturion
    Community Member
    Options

Awaiting disposition after submitting email on Feb 1, thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Blucenturion - answered. :)

• Blucenturion
    Blucenturion
    Community Member
    Options

I notified you via email I'd cancelled subscription; waiting for next step. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Blucenturion - yep, replied! :)

This discussion has been closed.