Two Factor Authentication

Options
vad12
vad12
Community Member

Replaced my iPhone
Lost ability to retrieve Two Factor Authorization code (old iPhone)
Presently have 1PW running on Mac & iPad
I have the master Password & the Secret key
Problem is that without the 2FA I cannot get 1PW working on the new iPhone
Old phone must have been the only approved browser

Support ID#QVA-66461-553 submitted on the 29 Jan has gone unanswered
Need a solution, Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1pw
Referrer: forum-search:two factor authentication

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vad12

I apologize for the trouble. Our team would be happy to help, but we answer emails based on the order they are received. This is determined by the timestamp on the newest email in the thread. Emailing every day is going to be counterproductive and will only bump you to the end of the line. That said I do see you initially contacted us about this 4 days ago and so I'll see what I can do to expedite an answer for you.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: QVA-66461-553

• vad12
    vad12
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, no need for you to apologize for my error.
    Today is, 1 week after contacting 1P.
    Friday I completed the documentation and received confirmation everything is OK.

Today they reply:

"Normally it takes us a couple of days to do this, but we have had a busy weekend this time so I will have to ask you to wait for a couple of days more :( Sorry about the wait!"

You tell me is this just my lousy luck..........

• Ben
    Options

I do apologize that the process takes as long as it does. We're looking for ways to streamline our processes, but due to the nature of disabling 2FA on an account, and the level of verification needed, that will likely continue to be a multi-day process. I think one thing we could do better at is stressing the importance of backing up the TOTP secret, or having multiple devices / apps set up to generate the TOTP code. Hopefully we can find a way to better do that for the future so that less of these requests are necessary.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.