[Feature Request} - Consolidate 1PasswordX and Regular browser extension

Options

I love the 1Password7 way of doing things on my mac. It's super convenient and I love that it works with TouchID. I also have other machines that I use where 1PasswordX makes more sense because I don't use them as often and don't want to install the 1Password7 full experience.

When I install 1PasswordX into chrome it disables the 1Password7 browser extension. The Chrome sync populates the install and changes of the 1Password extensions to all my browsers.

Is there any thought to merging the two browser extensions in the future where it will use the full client vault if it can, but leverage the 1PasswordX way of doing things if the full client vault isn't there? This way I'd have a single 1Password extension installed and synced to all my chrome browsers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @bradpinkston,

So I can't comment too much on what might happen, even if a particular feature is in a beta we have to be careful to say that doesn't automatically mean it will make it to a stable release. It would certainly be nice to have it where a single extension was all that is needed though and I certainly understand your desire. I've seen this scenario reported at least once now and sadly the only suggestion we could think of was the somewhat unsatisfactory disable extension sync. We know from personal experience that having both extensions enabled at the same time can result in odd behaviour in 1Password X so there is sadly a reason for what 1Password X does but that doesn't help when you have a Chrome profile linked over multiple and different devices.

• tedder
    tedder
    Community Member
    Options

I disabled extension sync for this reason. Super annoying.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry about that.

This discussion has been closed.