Filling in credit card info doesn’t work on Kickstarter

I need to enter a new credit card on Kickstarter and found that filling in credit card info doesn’t work from 1Password on Mobile Safari.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1 (iPad)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SSteve,

Kickstarter use Stripe for the payment fields (as we do ourselves) and with the exception of the name and postcode fields, each is contained within its own iframe that points back to Stripe. On the desktop we have no issue with this as the browser helps us inject the extension into all the iframes we want it to. Things are different on iOS where the extension can only see the main page. Anything hidden behind an iframe is effectively invisible to the extension and so cannot be filled. Sadly the result is you will be limited to copy and paste. I apologise that I don't have better news for you.

• SSteve
    SSteve
    Community Member

Thanks. You can only do what you can do. If your UX designers could look at the workflow and try to reduce the number of steps in copying and pasting credit card info, that would be helpful. From the customer’s point of view they’re frustrated when filling in the credit card info doesn’t work (regardless of whose fault it is) so anything 1Password can do to reduce the friction in the subsequent copy/paste operation will reduce that frustration. Maybe put the credit card number on the clipboard when the card is selected. That would save seven touches and a Touch ID. And a way to exit 1Password directly from the credit card window instead of having to go back to the 1Password window and then cancelling would save another touch.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your feedback, @SSteve. You're absolutely right, we should do everything we can to minimize the friction while maintaining the security. I've passed your suggestion along to our iOS team. :)

This discussion has been closed.