Business - can it sync with my Google G Suite domain, instead of AD?

Title says it all :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Google Business SCIM sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cloudycol: Active Directory isn't used for syncing data. All of that is handled by 1Password.com itself. But please reach out to our business team if you have any questions about the available options: business@1password.com :chuffed:

• Hi @cloudycol,

brenty is right, but I think he may have misunderstood your question. Let me see if I can help...

We're using SCIM 2.0 as the protocol for provisioning, which is the standard for these kinds of things now days. GSuite supports SCIM, but it won't allow an arbitrary configuration to be configured. They require that we submit a provisioning "app" to them, that they'd validate and then make available to companies like yours. We aren't quite at the point where we're ready to submit anything to them, and so for the time being we don't support GSuite. It's something that we'd like to get to eventually though. We use GSuite as our primary directory service within AgileBits so we're also very interested in this.

Rick

• cloudycol
    cloudycol
    Community Member

Yeah that was my angle Rick - sorry for the confusion.

Keep all us G Suite admins in the loop with your developments to allow provisioning through it if you can. :)

• @cloudycol,

If you haven’t already expressed this interest to our business team I’d recommend doing so:
    business@1password.com

They’ll be your best resource for getting those kinds of notifications. :)

Ben

• Adam_K
    Adam_K
    Community Member

OK guys. What about the new google secure LDAP service? Does it change anything? Can we expect gsuite integration this year?

• Welcome to the forum, @Adam_K! Since we're using SCIM, the LDAP stuff doesn't change anything. We don't have anything to announce right now and can't comment on the future, but as Rick said, it's something we're interested in, so stay tuned. :)

• Adam_K
    Adam_K
    Community Member

Allright then, thank you.

• :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.