Empty trash does not seem to work [It works but UI is not refreshed properly, will fix]

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I performed some cleanup in my vaults today and after that, I wanted to empty the trash. However after clicking "empty trash", nothing seems to happen, i.e. the item count does not go to zero and the items are still visible in the trash, although details can't be opened.
Only when you exit the app completely, the trash is actually empty.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @Manaburner,

Thanks for reporting this, this is a known missing refresh call, it did empty it but didn't refresh the UI.

We'll fix that soon!

ref: opw/opw#1119

• iamkellywatts
    iamkellywatts
    Community Member

I have the exact sam e problem windoze 10 IP version 7.3.657. Also I don't understand where all these trash items coming from. I don't know how I can proceed without this working...I have a lot of items to delete

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@iamkellywatts: When you delete an item in 1Password, it goes to Trash. After that, you will need to empty Trash as a separate step. Could you please specify what issues you have now? Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I performed some cleanup in my vaults today and after that, I wanted to empty the trash. However after clicking "empty trash", nothing seems to happen, i.e. the item count does not go to zero and the items are still visible in the trash, although details can't be opened.
    Only when you exit the app completely, the trash is actually empty.

Just wanted to start a new thread for this problem. Good to know that I am not alone with this. :)

We'll fix that soon!

Great @MikeT . It is no showstopper but it confuses me every time. :)

• Yep, it is confusing; note it happens in Favorites too if you favorite or unfavorite an item.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

note it happens in Favorites too if you favorite or unfavorite an item.

Actually I don't use favorites. But good to know. ;)

Thanks @MikeT . :+1:

• No problem.

• Scoundrel
    Scoundrel
    Community Member

New potential customer, just set up a trial. This is not yet fixed. Disappointing.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Scoundrel, sorry about that!

We did not forget about this, but right now we are busy with other higher priority issues for our next update. We will post more news about it once we are closer to the release and we are getting there. Please stay tuned and let us know if you have other questions about 1Password, we are always happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• savolai
    savolai
    Community Member

Hi. How can I confirm my trash has been emptied?

• Hi @savolai,

You can lock and unlock, it'll trigger a refresh and the trash view will clear out. You can also confirm it on your 1Password.com site if you want.

This discussion has been closed.