To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

moved to subscription model but not sure what my master password is

Options
markfarrar
markfarrar
Community Member

I have moved to the subscription model from my phone and it seems to be working fine but I have another phone and two computers I need to get updated and I do not know what my master password is. By reading your knowledgebase I assumed it was the password I use to log on to 1password on my phone but that does not work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:moved to subscription model but not sure what my master password is

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @markfarrar

You would've established the Master Password for your 1Password membership account when signing up. If you aren't sure what that is, but are able to access your 1Password data, please look for a Login item for 1Password.com. That should have the Master Password that you picked on it.

Once you migrate your data and delete the old Primary vault you will use that Master Password to unlock 1Password on each device. If you are still using the old Master Password on a device that is because you haven't yet completed the final steps of migration and deleted the Primary vault:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

(notably: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices )

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• markfarrar
    markfarrar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that solved the problem.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.